What is S.P.E.C.
S.P.E.C. is what you can expect to see in every one of our classrooms.
- Teachers monitor, listen, and analyze student understanding.
- Teachers provide opportunities for students to manipulate, grapple with, and apply knowledge.
- Teachers adapt lesson to fit students' needs and interests.
- Teachers utilize multiple assessments to determine student strengths and knowledge.
- Teachers encourage student collaboration and peer coaching.
- Teachers create "challenges" with increasingly complex problems to solve.
- Teachers facilitate by asking questions.
- Teachers celebrate all student work.
- Teachers create increasingly authentic scenarios and real-life challenges.
- Student are "doing" with hands-on activities throughout all content areas.
- Teachers allow students to experience "failure" and celebrate the learning that comes with it.
- Teachers group students in varying group sizes and make-ups.
- Teachers create a safe and productive learning community.
- Teachers create opportunities for reflection.
- Teacher support respectful debate.