I am the middle school home study teacher and the CIA (Curriculum Instruction Assessment) Specialist for middle school.
Recommendations for students to be successful:
- Log on to Zoom at the scheduled time to see live lessons and ask questions.
- Stay on top of assignments by being proactive!
- Utilize a calendar, planner, or digital reminders to schedule when to complete assignments so that you don't fall behind.
- Ask questions via Zoom, email, or Remind when you have them!
- Study in advance for quizzes and tests.
- Take advantage of time on campus with the teacher.
- Spend extra time on iReady or Khan Academy focusing on concepts that are challenging for you.
Recommendations for parents to help their children be successful:
- Check your child's grades weekly on Power School and have a discussion with him/her about grades
- Ask your child to log on to Google Classroom weekly to see what assignments and projects they are working on
- **Note: It is helpful to actually have children show you the work that they completed on Google Classroom, rather than just what the assignment is to prevent miscommunication
- Subscribe to our class blog via the school website
- Contact Mrs. Popplewell if you have questions or concerns
Join your grade level Remind by simply clicking on the appropriate link below or entering the class code from your phone:
About Mrs. Popplewell:
I am from a very small town in West Virginia, near Pittsburgh, PA. I attended college at West Virginia University where I earned both a Bachelor's and Master's degree. This is my 15th year teaching, my 11th year living in California, and my 7th year at SASCA.
I'm a mom to Violet and Lily, and a bernedoodle puppy named George! In my spare time, I love spending time with my family, traveling, bargain shopping, and being a die hard sports fan. My favorite teams are the West Virginia Mountaineers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Pittsburgh Penguins!